“Grupo Energía de Bogotá” Strengthens Environmental Management Plan in Tominé Region
26 January 2017
- After awarding 24 children from the Guatavita, Sesquilé and Guasca municipalities, Grupo Energía de Bogotá is finally opening the doors of “Casa Tominé”, a safe space for continuous dialogue with the community.
Bogotá D.C., January 26, 2017. Grupo Energía de Bogotá –GEB- lauches its “Casa Tominé” project tomorrow, creating a space for dialogue and training within the framework of the Environmental Management Plan for the Tominé Dam. The opening will take place alongside the awarding to 24 children for their beautiful drawings of this emblematic place in the region.
Over 280 children aged between six and twelve years old and hailing from the Guatavita, Sesquilé and Guasca municipalities will be recognized for their creativity and love for nature and its care, at “Casa Tominé”. The winning drawings were published in corporate notebooks and calendars, which will be given out to local and national authorities as well as to the schools that participated in the competition.
“It is paramount for us to establish a model of excellence in sustainable development, which implies having a comprehensive vision and to permanently listen to the communities of the places we operate in, as is the case of the municipalities near the Tominé Dam. That territory belongs to all of us, and with the implementation of “Casa Tominé” we aim to deepen the bonds, work together and build a true and solid relationship that benefits everyone”,stated Ms. Astrid Álvarez, president of “Grupo Energía de Bogotá”.
“Casa Tominé” opens its doors on the Guatavita municipality at carrera 6 with calle 5 starting on Friday, 27 February, day of the award ceremony in honor of the children who, along with GEB, painted Tominé in full color. From tomorrow on, the three municipalities neighboring the dam (Sesquilé, Guasca and Guatavita) may use this space. Similarly, it will encourage a permanent communication between the community and the company, making it a safe place where everyone can participate.
About Grupo Energía Bogotá
Grupo Energía de Bogotá is a leading Latin American multinational company in the sector of electric power and natural gas with presence in Colombia, Peru, Guatemala, and Brazil.
GEB’s strategic business units:
- Urban Energy Solutions, this unit seeks to develop and operate the infrastructure required to meet the electric power and natural gas demand in large cities;
- Interconnection for Market Development, this unit is responsible for connecting power generation sources with large consumption centers and large users; and
- Low Emission Generation, which is based on seeking new opportunities in renewable energies in countries where the energy matrix is transitioning to this sustainable and low-emission generation source.
In 2025, Grupo Energía de Bogotá will become the non-mining Company with the largest profit in the Colombian market, and its companies’ income will exceed COP$35 trillion coming from its operations in six Latin American countries, consolidating itself as the most valuable company within the Latin American Integrated Market (MILA in Spanish) (Colombia, Peru, and Chile).
About the Tominé Dam
- It is located 50 Km to the North East of Bogotá, in the Guasca, Sesquilé and Guatavita municipalities.
- It is considered the water reserve with the largest capacity and availability in the Sabana of Bogotá. Its main purposes are:
- Acting as a natural filter to alleviate the impact of the quality of the water coming from the Tominé River.
- Supplying water to the Bogotá River and cover the demands of pipelines, agricultural and energy generation industries.
- Supplying water to the Bogotá River in order to reduce the concentration of contaminating agents, in order to contribute with the water treatment processes performed at the Tibitoc Plant.
- Acting as flood control during winter, making it the only dam in the North of the Sabana of Bogotá with this feature.