TGI and Cálidda, companies of Grupo Energía de Bogotá, submitted financial results for the first quarter of 2017
11 May 2017
- TGI recorded a net income of USD 75.6 million, which represents an increase of 8.9% compared to the closing of March 2016.
- Cálidda grew by 26% its customer base and increased by 8% the volume invoiced regarding the same period of 2016.
- TGI is part of the Grupo Estratégico de Negocios (GEN), Interconnection for the Development of Markets that seeks to connect large consumption centers with large production centers.
- Similarly, Cálidda, a company belonging to the GEN, Urban Energy Solutions, which seeks to develop and operate the infrastructure needed to meet the demand for electric energy and natural gas in large cities.
Bogotá, May 11th, 2017. Transportadora de Gas Internacional (TGI) and the company of Gas Natural de Lima and Callao S.A - Cálidda, companies of Grupo Energía de Bogotá, presented to their investors the reports on the results for the first quarter of 2017.
TGI posted a net profit of USD 75.6 million, representing a net profit increase of 8.9%, USD 6.2 million more than the same period of 2016. At the end of March, the EBITDA for the last twelve months reached USD 344 Million, with a margin against revenue of 82%, which means that the company continues with a significant cash generation, which allows it to support its future growth and expansion.
At present, TGI is the only natural gas transporter in Colombia that connects the main sources of supply - Ballena and Cusiana - with the main consumption centers, thus maintaining a leadership in gas transportation in Colombia, with 55% of the infrastructure in Kilometers and 47% by volume.
Cálidda, a Peruvian company awarded with the concession for the design, construction and operation of the natural gas distribution system in the Department of Lima and the Constitutional Province of Callao in Peru, recorded a 26% increase in its customer base and 8% of the volume invoiced. Adjusted Total Revenues increased by 21% due to higher distribution revenues, mainly due to the increase in Take-or-Pay contracts and an increase in the right of connection by the CNG stations.
In the first quarter of 2017, Cálidda connected 26,140 clients in the residential segment with operations in 20 of the 49 city districts of Lima and Callao. Likewise, in the Industrial and CNG Stations segment, Cálidda has a presence in 37 districts.
Furthermore, 266 kilometers of networks were built, which means that the distribution system extends over 7,691 km of underground networks.
Grupo Energía de Bogotá Is a leading multi-Latin company in the electric energy and natural gas sector that has presence in Colombia, Peru, Guatemala and Brazil; it is focused on the growth and development of large companies in the territories where it operates with a solid and transparent corporate governance that faces its shareholders, and the results of Cálidda and TGI demonstrate this. The Group is a shareholder of 60% of Cálidda and 99.97% of TGI.
About Grupo Energía Bogotá
Grupo Energía de Bogotá (GEB), led by Empresa Energía de Bogotá, is a joint stock company listed in the Stock Exchange Market of Colombia, which main corporate purpose is the generation, transmission, distribution and commercialization of energy, gas and liquid fuels in all of their forms.
Nowadays, Grupo Energía de Bogotá is the main Multi-Latin electric energy and natural gas company of the region with presence in Colombia, Perú, Guatemala and Brazil, and acting as a “strategic connector”, focused on three Business Units.
- Urban Energy Solutions, this unit focuses on developing and operating the infrastructure required to meet the electric power and natural gas demand in large cities;
- Interconnection for Market Development, this unit is responsible for connecting power generation sources with large consumption centers and large users; and
- Low Emission Generation, this focuses on seeking new opportunities in renewable energies in countries where the energy matrix is transitioning to this sustainable and low-emission generation source.
About TGI S.A. ESP
Transportadora de Gas Internacional S.A. ESP –an affiliate of Grupo Energía de Bogotá– is the largest natural gas carrier in Colombia, with 3,957 km of gas pipelines, an available capacity of 733,8 MMSCFD (million standard cubic feet per day) to serve the most populated areas of the country, such as Bogota, Cali, the Coffee Region, Medellin and Piedemonte Llanero. The company is responsible for the operation and maintenance of Colombia’s largest gas pipeline network, from the Guajira region to Valle del Cauca and Llanos Orientals to Cundinamarca, Boyaca, Tolima and Huila.
Cálidda is a Peruvian company –an affiliate of Grupo Energía de Bogotá– that holds the design, construction and operation concession of the natural gas distribution system in the Department of Lima and the Constitutional Province of Callao in Peru, for 33 years. It is a pioneering company in the provision of this services in Peru. Thus, contributing to improving the environmental preservation and the quality of life of its people.
Jacqueline Guevara Gil
External Communications Adviser