Grupo Energia de Bogota announces important archeological findings in the Armenia Project
13 February 2017
- By means of socialization with the community, the company will make public the finding of the two Tombs of Cancel in Santa Rosa de Cabal (Risaralda).
- Currently, the GEB is working with the Colombian Institute of Anthropology and History (ICANH in Spanish) and the Bolivarian Society of Santa Rosa de Cabal in the recovery and preservation of these structures.
Bogota, February 13, 2016. For the course of this week and until February 23, the Grupo Energia de Bogota (GEB) will disclose the details behind the finding of the two Tombs of Cancel in the Rural Settlement of Volcanes in Santa Rosa de Cabal at Santa Rosa de Cabal by means of the archeology team of the Empresa de Energia de Bogota; they were found in the layout of the 230kV Armenia Project.
The socialization will be held in different strategic venues of Santa Rosa of Cabal such as UNISARC, the rural settlement Volcanes, and the Simon Bolivar, Agricola Veracruz and Pedro Uribe schools. During the gatherings, the community will know all the details of the special handling given to this Tombs, which are considered historical and archeological heritage of the Nation.
“The protection of natural resources and the places of tourist and cultural interest is part of the commitment of Grupo Energia de Bogota with the community. For this reason, we find ourselves in constant dialogue in Santa Rosa de Cabal with local authorities to continue with the corresponding archeological rescue and guarantee the correct preservation of this heritage”Astrid Alvarez assured, president of Grupo Energia de Bogota (GEB).
The Tombs of Cancel are structures that were elaborated by the Quimbaya natives and, according to archeological studies, these pieces were utilized as funeral structures, deposits or places for offerings in celebration rituals.
The Grupo Energia de Bogota, has made a special archeological team available to lead the entire research and preservation operation of these tombs, through which it ratifies its commitment with the community of Santa Rosa de Cabal and with the benefit of all the communities adjacent to its operation sites.
These events will be held on the following dates:
1) Centro Educativo Club de Leones- La Bananera,February 13, 2017 from 10:00 a.m.
2) Escuela Veredal-Volcanes, February 14, 2017, from 9:00 a.m.
3) Colegio Pedro Uribe Mejía- Santa Rosa de Cabal, February 15, 2017 from 9:00 a.m.
4) Instituto Agrícola Veracruz- Santa Rosa de Cabal, February 16, 2017 from 8:00 a.m.
5) Colegio Francisco José de Caldas, Sede Simón Bolívar - Santa Rosa de Cabal, February 17, 2017, from 8:00 a.m.
6) Corporación Universitaria de Santa Rosa de Cabal UNISARC, February 23, 2017 from 9:00 a.m.
About Armenia Project
- The Armenia Project is of great importance to the Coffee Region and the country, as it will boost electric power transmission in the states of Caldas, Quindio and Risaralda.
- It is 38,06 kilometers long, which implies an installation of 83 electric power transmission towers along the route, which will allow new users (especially those in industry, tourism and services) to have high-quality and reliable access to electric energy.
- Benefits of the project:
- Minimize service failures, blackouts or suspensions that are due to system overloads in Caldas, Quindio and Risaralda. These overloads are due to the increase in population, business and tourism in the region.
- Increase connectivity with the country and, therefore, increase the economic growth of the region.
About Grupo Energia de Bogota
Grupo Energia de Bogota (GEB), led by Empresa Energia de Bogota, is a joint stock company listed in the Colombian Stock Exchange, which main corporate purpose is the generation, transmission, distribution and commercialization of energy, gas and liquid fuels in all of their forms.
At present, Grupo Energia de Bogota is the main Multi-Latin electric energy and natural gas company of the region with presence in Colombia, Peru, Guatemala and Brazil. It acts as a “strategic connector”, focused on three Business Units:
- Urban Energy Solutions, this unit focuses on developing and operating the infrastructure required to meet the electric power and natural gas demand in large cities;
- Interconnection for Market Development, this unit is responsible for connecting power generation sources with consumption mega-centers and large users; and
- Low Emission Generation, this unit focuses on seeking new opportunities in renewable energies in countries where the energy matrix is transitioning to this sustainable and low-emission generation source.
In 2025, Grupo Energia de Bogota will become the non-mining company with the highest profit in the Colombian market, and its companies’ income will exceed COP $35 trillion coming from its operations in several Latin American countries. Consolidating itself as the most valuable company within the Latin American Integrated Market (MILA in Spanish).