Gas Companies from Grupo Energía de Bogotá (GEB) presented their report on 2016 results showing a sizable growth on profit and clients
10 March 2017
- TGI recorded a net income growth of 147.7% as compared to 2015.
- Cálidda increased its customer base in 27%, while achieving a 6% increase in sales as compared to 2015.
- Increasing the use of gas in cities and making possible the interconnection of large consumption and production centers are the main purposes of the strategic business group regarding urban energy solutions and the interconnection needed to develop these marketplaces.
Bogotá, March 10th, 2017. The International Gas Transportation Company (Transportadora de Gas Internacional – TGI) and Cálidda, presented to their investors their reports on the results for the year 2016.
On one side, TGI’s net income stood at USD 111.2 million, which means an increase of 147.7%. This represents an increase of USD 66.3 million as compared to the end of 2015. On the other side, the EBITDA amounted to USD 355.1 million, corresponding to an 82.0% margin on revenue. In 2016, TGI transported a 50.5% from the total amount of natural gas consumed in Colombia.
Moreover, Cálidda, a Peruvian company which holds the concession contract for the design, construction and operation of the distribution system of natural gas in Lima Department and the Constitutional Province of Callao, both in Peru, recorded a 27% rise on their customer base and a 6% on sales. In addition, the Adjusted Gross Income had a growth of 4% due to higher revenues from distribution, mainly due to increased Take-or-Pay contracts, and the relocation of networks.
In 2016, Cálidda connected 91,934 clients in the Residential segment with operations in 20 out of the 49 districts belonging to Lima City and Callao. Likewise, Cálidda is present in 37 districts in the Industrial and Commercial segments and GNV Stations.
GEB is a multi-Latin company that leads the energy and natural gas sectors; it is present in Colombia, Peru, Guatemala and Brazil; it is focused on the growth and development of large companies inside the territories in which it operates, and has a strong and transparent corporate governance regarding its shareholders, and the results of Cálidda and TGI attest to that. This Group holds shareholding interest of 60% in Cálidda and 99.97% in TGI.
About Grupo Energía Bogotá
Grupo Energía de Bogotá (GEB), led by Empresa Energía de Bogotá, is a joint stock company listed in the Stock Exchange Market of Colombia, which main corporate purpose is the generation, transmission, distribution and commercialization of energy, gas and liquid fuels in all of their forms.
Nowadays, Grupo Energía de Bogotá is the main Multi-Latin electric energy and natural gas company of the region with presence in Colombia, Perú, Guatemala and Brazil, and acting as a “strategic connector”, focused on three Business Units.
- Urban Energy Solutions, this unit focuses on developing and operating the infrastructure required to meet the electric power and natural gas demand in large cities;
- Interconnection for Market Development, this unit is responsible for connecting power generation sources with large consumption centers and large users; and
- Low Emission Generation, this focuses on seeking new opportunities in renewable energies in countries where the energy matrix is transitioning to this sustainable and low-emission generation source.
About TGI S.A. ESP
Transportadora de Gas Internacional S.A. ESP –an affiliate of Grupo Energía de Bogotá– is the largest natural gas carrier in Colombia, with 3,957 km of gas pipelines, an available capacity of 733,8 MMSCFD (million standard cubic feet per day) to serve the most populated areas of the country, such as Bogota, Cali, the Coffee Region, Medellin and Piedemonte Llanero. The company is responsible for the operation and maintenance of Colombia’s largest gas pipeline network, from the Guajira region to Valle del Cauca and Llanos Orientals to Cundinamarca, Boyaca, Tolima and Huila.
Cálidda is a Peruvian company –an affiliate of Grupo Energía de Bogotá– that holds the design, construction and operation concession of the natural gas distribution system in the Department of Lima and the Constitutional Province of Callao in Peru, for 33 years. It is a pioneering company in the provision of these services in Peru. It thus contributes to the improvement of the population’s quality of life and to the preservation of the environment.
Luis Miguel Gómez Henao
External Communications Advisor
Cellular phone: 3108124891