Grupo Energía de Bogotá - Fabio Chaparro awards excellence in education
Bogotá, Colombia, 25 October 2012
- COP80 million were delivered to the best undergraduate and graduate papers submitted by undergraduate, graduate and PhD students that stood out with their projects on energy and natural gas.
Bogotá, 25 October 2012. Grupo Energía de Bogotá, through the Fabio Chaparro Award, awarded prices on innovation, research and construction. In its sixth version, 40 papers were received from students in 14 universities in Colombia, Guatemala and Perú.
These are the winning papers, awarded first, second and third place:
- First place: Gerardo Andrés Torres Casierra, Universidad del Valle con el trabajo “Some hydrodynamic characteristics of a vortex induced in a cylinder by a water current”.
- Second place: Carlos Fabián Núñez Rodríguez and Julián Oswaldo Flórez Reyes, Universidad Industrial de Santander with paper “Design of an electric energy generation system from static bicycles”.
- Third place: Magda Johanna Orduz Lamus, César Augusto Arias Durán, Luis Fernando Prieto Jiménez, Universidad Industrial de Santander with paper “Design of automation and control of a natural ventilation system forced by tubes buried for interior spaces in the Eléctrica II building of Universidad Industrial de Santander”.
- First place: Harold René Chamorro Vera, of Universidad de los Andes, with thesis “Prototype of Intelligent Networks for Hierarchy Control of Interconnected Systems”
- Second place: Daniel González Montoya, Universidad Nacional de Colombia with paper “Analysis and control of photovoltaic panels based dc/dc convertors”
- Third place: Jesús Alberto López Trujillo, Universidad Nacional de Colombia with paper “Methodology for the prediction of electric storms from environmental electrostatic field measurement and lighting location systems in mountainous areas”.
- First place: Harby Daniel Aranguren Fino, Universidad Nacional de Colombia – Sede Bogotá, with thesis “Performance of electrostatic field sensors in storm alert systems”.
The ceremony was held in Empresa Energía de Bogotá.
About Grupo Energía de Bogotá
Grupo Energía de Bogotá is a leading corporation in the Colombian energy sector. Through EEb it transports electricity to a market enjoying one of the largest demand in the country and greatest in size, in addition it has control of the largest natural gas carrier in the country, TGI S.A. In Perú, its company CONTUGAS has a 30 year concession for the transportation and distribution of natural gas in the Ica Department, while CALIDDA is in charge of distributing natural gas in Lima and Callao. In that same country, ISA, participates in REP S.A. and TRANSMANTARO S.A., which operate 63% of the electricity transmission system in the country. In 2010, it incorporated TRECSA - Transportadora de Centroamérica S.A.- that will build the most important energy infrastructure project in Guatemala and will render electricity transmission services as of 2013. In addition, it holds a portfolio of significant investments in large companies in the energy sector, amongst which the following stand out CODENSA S.A., EMGESA S.A., GAS NATURAL S.A., Empresa de Energía de Cundinamarca - EEC and Electrificadora del Meta, EMSA and in a lesser scale ISA and ISAGEN.