Grupo Energia de Bogota leads electric energy and natural gas market in Latin America
23 February 2017
- Out of 18 million homes in Colombia and Peru, more than 6 million homes and businesses receive electric energy and natural gas from GEB.
- In Latin America, GEB owns 12,500 km of transmission network, 4,000 km of gas pipelines and 22.1% of the energy generated in Colombia.
- In2025, through its companies Grupo Energia de Bogota will generate revenue in excess ofCOP 35 trillionthanks to its presence inmultiple countries in Latin America.
Bogota. D.C. February 23, 2017.Grupo Energia de Bogota (GEB) launches out to conquer the Latin American market and expects to generate 35 trillion pesos with its 13 companies over the next 7 years, as a result of the growth and development of its business in Latin America.
With the new strategy, the Group aims to become the market leader in the electric energy and natural gas business in the region by a deepening of the markets where it is present and by establishing partnerships with strategic partners. This strategy focuses on three Strategic Business Units:
- Urban Energy Solutions, this unit focuses on developing and operating the infrastructure required to meet the electric power and natural gas demand in large cities.
Today GEB offers energy solutions in natural gas and electricity to more than 6 million people in Colombia and Peru via Calidda (60%), Contugas (100%), Codensa (51%) and Emsa (16%) and Gas Natural Fenosa (24%).
- Interconnection for Market Development, this unit is responsible for connecting power generation sources with consumption mega-centers and large users.
The Group connects the regions of Colombia, Peru, Central America and Brazil through 12,500 km of transmission network and 4,000 km of gas pipelines with its companies EEB (100%), TGI (99.97%), Trecsa (95.3%), EEBIS (100%), Isa Transmantaro (40%), Isa Rep (40%) and Gebbras (100%).
- Low Emission Generation, this unit focuses on seeking new opportunities in renewable energies in countries where the energy matrix is transitioning to this sustainable and low-emission generation source, to contribute towards the care and conservation of the environment.
In Colombia, Grupo Energia de Bogota has a market share of 22.% in energy generation via Emgesa (51%).
“We are working towards becoming the most valuable energy group in the Latin American Integrated Market (MILA in Spanish), and in 2025 becoming the non-mining Latin American multinational with the highest profit in the Colombian market with operations in 6 countries,” said Astrid Alvares, president of GEB.
With more than 120 years of experience, Grupo Energia de Bogota is one of the most successful references of business development in Colombia, based on a public-private management model that stands out for having solid and responsible corporate governance.
Luis Miguel Gomez Henao
External Communications Advisor
Cellular Phone: 3108124891