Río Córdoba Project to strenghten energy service in the Atlantic Coast
26 April 2017
- Río Córdoba projects are expected to be commissioned by December 2017 .
- The “Río Córdoba” Projects are part of the 5 Caribbean Plan, with which the National Government seeks to strengthen the electric system of the Atlantic Coast to improve the service quality.
Bogotá D.C., April 26, 2017. Grupo Energía de Bogotá (GEB) presents a positive balance regarding the development of the projects Río Córdoba 06 of 2014 and Río Córdoba 07 of 2014 STR, awarded by the Energy and Mining Planning Unit (UPME). These projects are geared to strengthen the energy service in the department of Magdalena.
The commissioning and set in motion of the project is expected to take place on next December, upon completion of the works and assemblies of the Río Córdoba 06 of 2014 STN.
The Río Córdoba 06 of 2014 STN Project (National Transmission System) comprises the design, construction and commissioning of a new "Río Córdoba" substation with four centers of 220kV lines in the municipality of Ciénaga. Apart from the installation of two electric energy lines connecting from the Río Córdoba substation to the 220kV transmission line of Santa Marta - Fundación, with an approximate length of 800 meters.
The Río Córdoba 07 of 2014 STR Project (Regional Transmission System) comprises the installation of two transformers of 220/110 kV each and two transformation centers at 110 kV, that will help reduce energy tension levels.
“We are pleased to share all the progress of the Río Córdoba Project with the community of the department of Magdalena. This is a fundamental work for the region and for the National Interconnected System in which Grupo Energía de Bogotá has put a lot of effort to comply with the highest quality and performance standards”, and in which we have had a permanent relationship with the communities within our area of influence"said Astrid Álvarez, president of Grupo Energía de Bogotá.
Both projects are built in the municipality of Ciénaga in the department of Magdalena, a department with low tension problems and restrictions to connect to the electric energy system. Therefore, this structure will enable a better connection to more families, companies and industries in the area.
About Grupo Energía Bogotá
Grupo Energía de Bogotá (GEB), led by Empresa Energía de Bogotá, is a joint stock company listed in the Colombian Stock Market, whose main purpose is the generation, transmission, distribution and marketing of energy, gas and liquid fuels in all of their forms.
Today, Grupo Energía de Bogotá is the region's main Multi-Latin company of electric energy and natural gas with presence in Colombia, Peru, Guatemala and Brazil. Acting as a “strategic connector”, focused on three Business Groups:
- Urban Energy Solutions, seeking to develop and operate the infrastructure needed to meet the demand of electric energy and natural gas of big cities;
- Interconnection for Market Development, business unit in charge of connecting energy generation sources with consumer's megacenters and big users; and
- Low-Emission Generation, seeking new opportunities in renewable energies in countries undergoing a transition from the energy matrix to this sustainable generation low-emission source.
Luis Miguel Gómez Henao
External Communications Consultant