Grupo Energía de Bogotá will connect 15 thousand homes to the natural gas network in Peru through Contugas
06 February 2017
- GEB’s strong commitment in the 4 countries it operates in is urban energy solutions for megacities.
- The goal in Peru is to take natural gas to 50 thousand families by 2020 through Contugas.
- The progress of Contugas coverage will reach 73% by the third year of the concession’s commercial start-up.
Bogota. D.C. February 6, 2017. Contugas, a Grupo Energia de Bogota company, will connect 15 thousand new homes in the state of Ica in Peru during 2017 through its broad natural gas network. Said connections will be carried out in two stages and will allow the company to achieve a coverage percentage of the Ica market in excess of 70% by the third year of the concession’s commercial start-up, which the Peruvian Government granted it since 2009 to market and distribute natural gas by a pipeline network, in the Ica region for a period of 30 years.
The first stage will consist of 10 thousand connections distributed throughout the region thanks to the financing plans offered by the company. The second stage will be implemented through an agreement with the Energy Social Inclusion fund (FISE in Spanish) of Peru.
This agreement between private enterprise and the Peruvian Government seeks to promote the use of natural gas in homes through the financing of the installation service in total or partially (50%, 75% or 100%) in the region’s most needy areas; 5 thousand new customers in Ica foresee to be connected during this stage.
With these connections, Contugas will be honoring, ahead of time, the commitment it acquired with the Peruvian government, of taking natural gas to 50 thousand families by 2020, and will reach a level of market coverage of 73%, an unprecedented percentage in Peru. These figures will make Ica the country’s first region to greatly benefit from this energy source.
Contugas is part of the Grupo Energia de Bogota’s Strategic Business Unit, Urban Energy Solutions, focused on developing and operating the infrastructure required to meet the electric power and natural gas demand in large energy-intensive cities.
Currently, Contugas is the company that distributes and markets the benefits of natural gas in the state of Ica, specifically in the cities of Pisco, Chincha, Ica, Nazca and Marcona in state of Ica, Peru.
About Grupo Energia de Bogota
Grupo Energia de Bogota (GEB), led by Empresa Energia de Bogota, is a joint stock company listed in the Stock Exchange Market of Colombia, which main corporate purpose is the generation, transmission, distribution and commercialization of energy, gas and liquid fuels in all of their forms.
At present, Grupo Energia de Bogota is the main Multi-Latin electric energy and natural gas company of the region with presence in Colombia, Peru, Guatemala and Brazil. It acts as a “strategic connector”, focused on three Business Units:
- Urban Energy Solutions, this unit focuses on developing and operating the infrastructure required to meet the electric power and natural gas demand in large cities;
- Interconnection for Market Development, this unit is responsible for connecting power generation sources with consumption mega-centers and large users; and
- Low Emission Generation, this unit focuses on seeking new opportunities in renewable energies in countries where the energy matrix is transitioning to this sustainable and low-emission generation source.
In 2025, Grupo Energia de Bogota will become the non-mining company with the highest profit in the Colombian market, and its companies’ income will exceed COP $35 trillion coming from its operations in several Latin American countries. Consolidating itself as the most valuable company within the Latin American Integrated Market (MILA in Spanish).
Luis Miguel Gomez Henao
External Communications Advisor
Cellular Phone: 3108124891