Collaborators and Suppliers of Grupo Energía de Bogotá Connected with the Heart of Mocoa
18 April 2017
- 9 tons of aid supplies were delivered to the area’s families.
- Team work and solidarity among different companies, key qualities for the reestablishment of power services, marked the collaborators and suppliers’ behavior.
Bogota, April 18, 2017. Starting on the day after the Mocoa emergency, the collaborators and suppliers of Grupo Energía de Bogotá, with the coordination and logistic support of an enthusiastic team of volunteers, developed an attention plan for the families affected by the tragedy.
Via a campaign of voluntary contributions, 900 aid kits including food and humanitarian (kitchenware, china, shelter elements) and personal hygiene items were prepared. These kits were distributed among hundreds of families, with a priority on those who live within the area of direct incidence of the EEB’s infrastructure, specifically in the Jamondino – Mocoa sector.
Families from the Guaduales, Campucana and San Antonio sectors, among others, received this aid which helped to partly mitigate the grueling situation generated by the emergency that occurred the past 1 April.
Regarding the attention plan for the area, Ms. Astrid Alvarez, Chairwoman of the GEB, indicated that “[T]he commitment from EEB’s collaborators to help at the Mocoa emergency site is welcome and very satisfactory. Many people made contributions and a brave group of volunteers did everything in their power to ensure this aid reached hundreds of families. I wish to express my deep gratitude and pride for working at a company consisting of an exceptional human talent, our allied collaborators and suppliers, with all my generosity”.
Besides the commitment and dedication from the GEB’s volunteer team in Bogotá, who handled the acquisition and packaging of the kits that would be sent to Mocoa, it is also worth noting the support of the company’s collaborators in the area and of the EEB’s social team who, with the support of the Red Cross of Colombia timely delivered the aid to the families. Over 30 people comprising EEB collaborators and volunteers participated in the kit distribution tasks. In total, 9 tons of aid supplies were delivered to the area’s families.
About Grupo Energía Bogotá
Grupo Energía de Bogotá (GEB), led by Empresa Energía de Bogotá, is a joint stock company listed in the Stock Exchange Market of Colombia, which main corporate purpose is the generation, transmission, distribution and commercialization of energy, gas and liquid fuels in all of their forms.
Nowadays, Grupo Energía de Bogotá is the main Multi-Latin electric energy and natural gas company of the region with presence in Colombia, Perú, Guatemala and Brazil, and acting as a “strategic connector”, focused on three Business Units.
- Urban Energy Solutions, this unit focuses on developing and operating the infrastructure required to meet the electric power and natural gas demand in large cities;
- Interconnection for Market Development, this unit is responsible for connecting power generation sources with large consumption centers and large users; and
- Low Emission Generation, this focuses on seeking new opportunities in renewable energies in countries where the energy matrix is transitioning to this sustainable and low-emission generation source.
Luis Miguel Gómez Henao
External Communications Advisor